We know that Artificial Intelligence (AI) promises an exciting yet disruptive future. It is no longer just a science fiction movie. AI is happening right now, and we will undoubtedly witness major breakthroughs over time.
According to Forbes, the AI industry is expected to grow at a 37.3% annual pace between 2023 and 2030. Moreover, 25% of companies have already started using AI in their workspaces. It is high time for someone who dreams about an AI career to get started. Maybe you?
If you genuinely want to build a career in AI, you must know about the opportunities and trends in AI. But how? I’ve got your back.
In this blog, we’ll go through the various opportunities that AI has to offer and how you can make the most out of them. You’re running out of time, so let’s get started right away.
Current Trends and Opportunities in AI
1. Democratization of AI –
The democratization of AI is the widespread use of AI in a variety of industries to facilitate innovation and business growth. As more businesses incorporate AI into their workforce, the opportunities for you to pursue an artificial intelligence career are constantly growing.
The intention behind democratizing AI is to make AI available to as many people as possible. However, this is not a simple task. To accomplish this, it is essential to have skilled professionals working on an enormous scale to implement, develop, and manage AI technologies.
Let’s have a look at a variety of sectors where you can seize opportunities for yourself:
- AI Data Analyst – Data is an unavoidable aspect for AI professionals. AI data analysts acquire, refine, and prepare data for AI algorithms. They are mainly responsible for extracting significant insights from complicated databases to improve the performance of AI models. If you want to learn about AI data analytics, check out this Udemy course.
- AI Product Manager – A product manager defines a product’s features, fulfills market demands, and collaborates with teams from different domains. A product manager can assist with the effective launch of the product and potentially scale the product to greater heights. Check out this Udemy course if you’re looking forward to becoming an AI project manager.
- AI Business Strategist – A person who ensures that technology and business collaborate smoothly. A business strategist detects market trends and develops strategies to capitalize on them so that the company can grow through AI adoption. If you want to start your artificial intelligence career as an AI business strategist, don’t miss out on this Udemy course.
2. Generative AI –
One of the most widespread use cases of artificial intelligence is Generative AI. Using machine learning algorithms, generative AI models can generate fresh outputs in various forms, such as text, images, and videos.
According to an article by TIME, generative AI engineers are offered an average of $250K/annum. Example: Anthropic, a Google-backed AI startup, is offering a salary of up to $335K.
Furthermore, according to Money Control, the demand for generative AI jobs in India has increased significantly in the last 12 months, and fresher AI jobs salaries in India vary from Rs 8.6 LPA to Rs 27 LPA. Here are some of the opportunities you can look for across various industries:
- Generative AI Developer – Developers in generative AI are the brains behind many of the AI tools we use, such as ChatGPT. These developers specialize in the development and implementation of generative AI models. They can build AI models to generate fresh outputs in the form of text, pictures, audio, and videos using techniques such as generative adversarial networks (GANs) and variational autoencoders (VAEs).
- AI Art Curator – AI art curators have a solid knowledge of concepts like generative AI tools, digital art, and the context of culture. These experts are capable of creating and presenting AI-generated art. Their artistic spirit, when paired with generative AI models, revolutionizes traditional forms of art creation. To set your creative spirit free, you can try generative AI tools like DALL.E 2 and Midjourney.
- Content creation through AI – You can now generate AI-enabled content thanks to ongoing advances in generative AI. Example – ChatGPT for text content and Kapwing for video content. Such AI tools make the content creation process considerably more efficient for creators. If you do not have a career in AI, you can become an AI-powered content creator by using generative AI tools.
3. Explainable AI (XAI) –
A fairly new trend!
XAI is an approach to make AI more transparent and comprehensible to normal humans who don’t have a tech background. XAI specialists aim to find ways to bridge the gap between complicated AI models and human comprehension.
Elon Musk recently announced his new venture XAI, and it is just a start. The demand for qualified XAI professionals continues to rise simultaneously with the growing demand for unbiased and trustworthy AI.
- XAI Engineer – To design AI models with built-in explain-ability, XAI professionals collaborate closely with software engineers and data scientists. XAI specialists strive to use interpretability strategies in AI models to maintain transparency. Here’s a YouTube playlist that can help you understand more about XAI.
- XAI Data Scientist – When it comes to explainable AI (XAI), people with specialized skill sets in data analysis, machine learning, and interpretability techniques can provide significant insights. Data scientists in the field of XAI can not only provide reliable advice, but they can also mention the reasons behind any suggestions they make. Check out our guide to get started with data science career.
- XAI Consultant – Consultants are professionals who have an in-depth understanding of AI frameworks. They can assist businesses in the best ways to incorporate interpretability strategies in current AI models. Companies can undoubtedly benefit from their assistance in scaling their business activities while building transparent and comprehensible AI models.
4. Cybersecurity with AI –
The field of cybersecurity would not have become as efficient if AI didn’t exist. AI detects, prevents, and responds to cybersecurity threats with utmost simplicity. With a rising need for efficiency in cybersecurity, opportunities for an artificial intelligence career are growing constantly.
The question is, how can you ensure your AI career by seizing an opportunity?
To find that out, let’s explore some of the jobs you should look for if you want to pursue an AI career:
- AI System Architects – are primarily in charge of planning and building an organization’s cybersecurity systems. The smooth operation of security systems is the foundation of their artificial intelligence career. As a system architect, you need to take into account the relevant parameters, build frameworks, and eventually incorporate AI algorithms into the current security system.
- AI Ethical Hackers – To safeguard the protection of security systems, ethical hackers use AI models to detect flaws in the current system. Ethical hackers conduct a series of tests for the organization to take preventive actions before a security breach takes place. Essentially, the key slogan for an ethical hacker’s AI career is ‘prevention is better than cure’.
- AI Forensic Investigator – After a security breach occurs, professionals such as forensic investigators are called in. They operate with a variety of tools to analyze and investigate every possible root of the problem. Furthermore, they take precautions to protect their security system from potential security risks.
Given the AI advancements we’ve seen in the last year, it is evident that artificial intelligence is here to stay. You can see the investments in AI by various industries in the image above. It is evident that the demand for AI jobs is only going to rise, and it will continue to do so in the future.
The monetary benefits are lucrative, but you also need to have an equal passion for technology to excel in this space. You can’t build a career in artificial intelligence without having a love and understanding for it.
A career in AI requires knowledge of computer science, mathematics, the latest trends, and much more. The question is – Are you FuelEd enough?