Sarika, a visual designer at Fountane, never expected to end up in the design industry. She began her academic journey as a business management graduate but soon discovered her fascination with the power of beautiful designs. She took the first step towards her passion by learning graphic design and quickly realized that there was much more to design than just social media and print media. Instead of pursuing her MBA, Sarika took charge of her own learning and delved into various applications and websites, with a major interest in visual designs.
Finding her Path in Visual Design
Sarika’s passion for visual design led her to join Unacademy, where she worked for almost a year. However, she knew that her learning journey was far from over. She joined the 10K Designers Cohort to expand her knowledge in Product Design and soon found herself publishing two successful case studies that received love and positive feedback. She became a proud member of a big design community, where they gather monthly for Designer’s Meetup to discuss design and life.
First Brag-Worthy Moment
Sarika’s hard work paid off when she published her first case study, which received immense love and a great response. Her work got featured in Abhinav Chhikara’s Youtube channel where they review case studies and give it a scale out of 5 (BHEL SCALE). Sarika got 4.5/5, which was her first achievement as a product designer. This recognition motivated her to keep working harder and achieve more success in her design career.
Second Brag-Worthy Moment
Sarika’s second visual design case study was for a travel content creator, Tanya Khanijow. She designed a website for Tanya, who recently won Creator’s United Award for the best content. The website received a great response from Tanya herself, who loved the design. This was Sarika’s first design for a renowned personality and getting to interact with her was an experience she will never forget.
Want to look at the case study? Here: Sarika’s case studies
Sarika’s Roadmap to Visual Design Career
Sarika’s journey to becoming a successful visual designer was far from conventional. Initially pursuing a degree in business, it wasn’t until her second year of college that she discovered her passion for visual design. But, with determination and hard work, Sarika was able to turn her dream into a reality.
Here’s a step-by-step look at Sarika’s journey to becoming a visual designer:
- Getting a Solid Understanding: To start, Sarika familiarized herself with the design industry, different design styles, techniques, and tools.
- Pursuing a Formal Education: Sarika enrolled in a design institute to gain a comprehensive education in design theory and practice. This was a crucial step in her journey as it provided her with the foundational knowledge she needed to succeed in her design career.
- Building a Portfolio: Sarika took on and completed projects, participated in design challenges, and built her portfolio. This allowed her to showcase her skills and gain valuable experience.
- Internships and Experience: Sarika sought out internships in the design field and was able to gain hands-on experience. This was key to building a strong portfolio of work and positioning herself for success.
- Joining the Community: Sarika joined the 10Kdesigners community/cohort, surrounding herself with other designers who could offer support and advice. This was a crucial step in her growth as a designer.
- Networking and Staying Up-to-Date: Sarika made connections with other designers, attended industry events, and stayed up-to-date with the latest design trends and techniques. This helped her stay ahead of the curve and continue to grow in her design career.
Taking the Leap to Fountane
After the success of her first case study and with her second one underway, Sarika decided to join Fountane, a company that values continuous learning and personal growth. According to her, the team at Fountane is not only motivating but also always ready to help, making it the perfect fit for Sarika’s growth and learning journey.
Seeking Knowledge in UX
As a visual designer at Fountane, Sarika seeks to expand her knowledge in the field of User Experience (UX) design. She believes that a strong understanding of UX is essential for creating designs that not only look good but also serve a purpose. Her goal is to develop a well-rounded design skill set that includes both visual design and UX.
After joining Fountane, Sarika started working on the visuals for an ongoing project at Fountane. She is responsible for creating a user-friendly interface that makes the complex tax compliance process easier for users. This project is particularly exciting for Sarika as she gets to apply her design skills to a real-world problem and make a difference in people’s lives.
Fostering a Culture of Learning
At Fountane, the team is encouraged to continuously learn and grow. The company organizes regular workshops, training sessions, and design sprints to help employees stay up-to-date with the latest design trends and techniques. Sarika finds this culture of learning essential for her growth as a designer and appreciates the opportunity to constantly improve her skills.
Sarika’s journey from business management to visual design has been a fulfilling one, filled with opportunities to learn and grow. She is grateful for the support she has received along the way and is excited about the future. She looks forward to working on more extraordinary products with the team at Fountane and to continue her growth and learning journey.
In conclusion, Sarika’s story is a testament to the importance of following one’s passion and taking charge of one’s learning journey. Whether you are a business management graduate or in a different field, it is never too late to pursue your passion. You too can mold your journey in Visual Design by following Sarika’s roadmap, or create one of your own. With hard work and determination, anything is possible!